Campus Rambles | e-learning, mid-semester break and future expectations

By faten.banana - April 05, 2020

Photo by Fab Lentz on Unsplash
Assalammualaikum, guten tag!

No one probably missed my Campus Rambles Series, but I do. I swear I wanted to update as soon as I start my semester back in February - as usual, I pushed it, procrastinate until this RMO period happened. Talking about unforeseen plan my ladies lol. This is my final year in IIUM if everything goes as it is initially supposed to. Nevermind, I don't mind spending more time here.

Yes.

The first week into the semester I was a bit busy as I was volunteering for APEC2020 at Kajang, Selangor. The second week, we got a week's worth holiday due to COVID-19, if I'm not mistaken. Week three, the studies continue per usual with classes and readings. I have a lot of readings to do this semester and I am freaking out. A lot, not to mention. I think this is the week I am trying to sort out all the required readings because this is literally our first week.

Week four is a bit crazy. I had troubles with my bank account and Kinokuniya - I ended up calling the customer service at 3 in the morning, because welp just because. Things get sorted out after multiple calls, emails with both parties as well as one trip to the bank lol. Oh, and I happened to meet the counselor in my uni because I was having recurring repressing episodes due to improper stress handling. I'm not lying, I was about to run instead of attending the appointment because - I do not want to confront her, more, baring my soul to the counselor. That one hour meant a lot to me though.

Week 4 proceeded with online classes via Zoom and I am excited. I mean, I do. I get to hear my lecturer's voice clearer and louder than in class - but I get easily distracted due to the lack of human interaction. I can go wash a plate or menyapu tiba-tiba during the class. Something that I obviously would not do during face-to-face class cause I would usually sit at the front so that I can only focus on the lecturer.


And then IIUM drops that 10 weeks mid-semester break news :')) At least, my department takes the initiative to ban any online/face to face class as well as assignments submissions during this 10 weeks period. I think that is quite good, cause the main concern here is that not everyone is capable, mentally or physically, working under this pandemic. It's not about being manja or what - but we have different shoes.

I am still on campus though, waiting for RMO to end so that I can go home. Safely gaining 2 kg, well-fed here I can say. Lol. Alhamdulillah for all the sponsors. I have seen many people kicking of many new things during this RMO period. My plan for this mid-semester break is to:

  1. Finish all the required readings
    9 novels including a play - with annotation and short notes, because I don't believe with my memories lol
  2. Study and read for my history subjects
    I swear History is interesting, but with good articles, it just mindblowing good!
  3. Prepares two individual essays properly
    2 months due, I do not want to compose a shit-load paper when I have a lot of time in my hand.
  4. Baking lol I want to make honey butter cookies so badly
  5. Attend online classes that I signed up myself BayyinahTV, Hikma Fellowship 
  6. Catch up with German
    Be it through Duolingo, langblr or you know...uhm WayV's YangYang cause why not?

We will see how it goes after two months, did I managed to accomplish all this

inner voice: (I should, really)

See y'all later :D Stay safe!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Wow 10 weeks... That is a really long holiday. Were I you, Idk what I should do during this time lol I really just can't stand boredom (and being alone).
    May you accomplish everything on your list, and stay safe! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I can't wait to be at home, with my fams at least. I have a roommate who happened to stuck here too; despite not talking to each other - her presence saves me smh? XD

      And you too!

      Delete
  2. We'll be resuming with our e-learning sessions at the end of the month and I'm not sure how it will go. I hope at the very least, I could stay focus, even just a little. hahaha And take care over there! I hope you're doing better while you're staying on campus. Looking forward to more future posts from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across a number of tips for online class at Tumblr (#Studyblr) and how other countries are coping with it, hope it would help you a bit! Hehe.

      I am, no worries! Thanks for dropping by1 :D

      Delete
  3. uuuuu german. saxaay HHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dunno what will happen to us this year especially with puasa and raya just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the state of not being able to predict anything scares us T_T but not having one raya is better than none at all in the future T_T

      Delete
  5. i dont know how i would do if im in your place bcs im really bad with e-learning..anyways, hoping for the better days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of us are not ready with e-learning actually, because we are not used to it --' Yeah, amin!

      Delete
  6. I hope your plan will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best for you plans! I have my own plans too but yea, I'm a chronic procrastinator! Hahah. Stay safe during this RMO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us just make at least one thing on the list crossed lol

      Delete
  8. Hopefully you'll get to achieve everything on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take Care and stay Healthy ya. Keep updating.

    ReplyDelete