075: cold coffee - the good, bad and road not taken

By faten.banana - April 28, 2020

Photo by Mario Ibrahimi on Unsplash
Cold Coffee
Some people like their coffee ice-cold. with lots of ice that soon melt but remained it cooling sensation. Some prefer it to be hot - seeping hot, only to buzz the tongue and awaken our mind from short slumber. I personally don't mind either - but it perks me whenever I, myself, left my hot coffee unattended and it turns cold. 

There is something about it being left cold that I did not like but I drink it regardless.
Because it is mine. I am guilty of leaving it turns cold, there is just a nudge in me that say that I should not let it go to waste too. Plus, it is something that I personally make for me. Ironically, it is also me who left it, turning it into something that I found unpleasant but acceptable (could be by force at times) to my own throat.

The good, the bad
Life is a series of choice, no surprise. We open our eyes in the early morning (or noon.........or late afternoon lol), we soon confronted with choices - another 5 more minutes or just wake up and start our morning routine. Should we have coffee or tea (or milo)? Should we put one or two teaspoon of sugar? Should we wash our face before taking breakfast or not?

Again, choices. It extends from micro-things like these to extravagant things that could effect our life.

Should we live today, or should we just ... end things up?
Because everything is just a messed up choices - we never make a right one and we end up suffering. Life is a ball of  tangled strings that we know not how to unravel it - or we chose not to do. Because it is easier to remain (or pretend) to be numb than picking every single pieces of our limbs, shattered parts, tangling mess that do not recognize it truer shapes.

Hey, no one ask you to make it into its original shape!?
So what if it shattered, entwine to unrecognizable state - I mean, so what?

Photo by Kael Bloom on Unsplash
The Road Not Taken
Good choices - most probably bring us closer to happiness.
Bad choices - No one said its going to be a doom for us. It will most probably bring us closer to happiness too, but using different roads. Probably with a lot of hills, mountains, we might stumbled upon lion that tries to scare the hell out of us too. But no one said it is going to be a doom end for us.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

The Road Not Taken (1916) by Robert Frost

And here I am, sipping my hot-turned-cold Oldtown's Hazelnut coffee - hating it but kinda like that stronger bitter taste it left than when it is hot.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. I loves your way with your words, they always leave a huge impact on me !

    p/s: Ramadan Kareem sis !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwwwww THIS MEANS A LOT! Ramadhan Kareem too!

      Delete
  2. the road not taken : good or bad, we have to go through and explore. besides, we are not going through at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes! Cause sometimes we have this tendency of imploring 'what-ifs' we took another path, would it be better than the road we have chosen earlier :') I agree with you, go through it and explore that road :)

      Delete
  3. I love the way you play with words. I can never do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, it was the same thing I said to myself back 5 years ago :)

      Thanks for that ehe if its not for you guys encouragement, I would never be able to write more.

      Delete
  4. So true! Some things are bound to happen and it doesn't mean it's the end. Such is the way of life.
    Love your writings. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, I just need this kind of writing to knock some sense to my own mind lol

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
    2. I agreed. Sometimes the only that we can't handle is actually ourselves, our mind. It's us.
      It's a great way to express our feelings to feel better.

      Hehe you are welcome.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I wish I can write as good as this. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The choices indeed are in our hands. We just have to choose. But it didn't matter if we chose wrong, a wrong choice can be a lesson to improve ourselves.
    I love how poetic your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any branch of life we decide to venture, let's make the best of it :)

      Thank you, I am pleased already if the gist can merely be grasped :)

      Delete
  7. every choices lead to different direction but eventually some of them may overlap somewhere. I decided to cherish any decision I make.

    I think I am new here, helloooo thereee :D

    hanisamanina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so, the idea is to embrace whatever choice we have taken regardless the challenges :)

      Hello!

      Delete
  8. you words of telling the story kan... fascinating. literally pun, i love taking the road that was less traveled. it might be dangerous, tapi kita tak perlu fikir pasal orang. We are at our own pace. tenang. keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 'We are at our own pace' kena chants banyak kali so that hati jiwa sama rasa hehe

      Delete
  9. Totally agree with you. Everything that we do in this world, we are always face with the series of choice and need to choose the best one. Sometimes it is so frustrated to choose but we have to and the rest of the story, we have to believe qada' and qadar :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life is a series of choice <3 its a beauty words . i agreed with almost your words

    ReplyDelete