071: of 'let go and let God'

By faten.banana - November 18, 2019

By Katherine Ferreras
Assalammualaikum.

It is 4.27 in the morning. I sleep early last night and end up waking up at 3. I do not have anything on the schedule, at least until the end of November. It just... I was feeling quite under the weather - emotionally. Hence, the 6+ hours sleeping. It helps, it does - to some extend. I was going to study a bit, yet I end up talking to you.

I mean, why not?
Lol.

I was swept by emotions, yesterday. I would blame apart of it due to the change in my diet. You could ask my friend, I am the last person who would complain when it comes to food. I am not picky, I am that one person who would just eat everything no matter how tasteless, salty or sweet the meals are. However, as I have to exclude chicken from almost everything; I get super pissed with the existence of chicken in mine.


There is another thing that pushed me into this well of despair and unnecessary stressful state. Yes, I deemed it unnecessary because it is. I do not usually worry about anything - but there are few things that could pull the trigger. I was going to express my turmoil of emotions in this entry. But somehow, I recalled something that I learnt during Ayesha Syahira and Hilal Asyraf 's talk last month. 

"Let go and let God."

It will take time, surely. For me to recover from this sudden emotional roller-coaster. I am grateful though, despite all these, I still had my family and friends that would accompany and listen to my stories. I used to keep everything alone, but I came to learn that not everything should be keep to yourself. Talking to people would help. Not everyone are going to judge you for your fragility. We need to learn to trust people instead of shutting down every door that could at least shed a glimpse of light to our soul.

Learn to let go and let God do His magic upon our soul.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. You went to Ayesha's talk? Wahhhh I wish I could go to her talk one day. I like the 2nd last line though. Tak nak membebankan orang by keeping things to ourselves but in the end, bottling things up is not healthy. So instead shutting people out, need to learn how to slowly let them in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tehe, I was among the committee members for a talk that invite both of them to my uni - and surprisingly come to like them both! Yes, I have learnt that bottling things up wouldn't help that much, dia macam kita cuma push forward everything and at one point PUFFFF blow up :')

      Delete
  2. Talking to people would definitely help. Even in the smallest way and by doing so you'll find out how 'lapang your dada' is. Keeping things to yourself sometimes there benefit to it but makan diri if we keep on doing that thinking that we don't want to be a burden. It would be a catastrophe once kita dah meletup. So I agree with learn to let go and let god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSSSS, and I'm learning to be more appreciative and expressive towards them because I myself know how it means the world for certain people when we recognize their existence in their life :D

      Delete
  3. i wish i would just talk to people but i don't know how to start. i always think that they sure have theirs own problem to handle too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing that I learn, we need to try before assuming what they might have thought about us :)

      Delete
  4. short but that phrase is so... life changing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know which part to comment but this one hits me too. I'm glad I could read this one. It's like I'm talking or feeling through you. Well, basically we're feeling the same thing but you express it better than I am.

    ReplyDelete