Campus Rambles | Week 1 in bullets

By faten.banana - September 13, 2019

  • I really like the first class in every subject. Not because most of them would be cancelled due to Add/Drop processes, rather because of the first insight given to the students about the subject in particular. How the learning process would be, the lecturer intentions for the students in regards to the subject.
... and it could be due to the fact that I won't have to struggle in keeping my eyes open. Lol.
  • Meeting, too much meeting for Week 1I do not want to complain as I was the one who volunteered for it tsk. With titles, there come responsibilities. Regardless, I cannot wait for September to run by faster. 

  • Somehow, people around me have been updating their stories (Instagram & WhatsApp) with their accumulated star points. For your information, Star Points is basically the marking-system used to credit IIUM students' co-curriculum activities. In order to get 4.0, we need to score over 600 points if I'm not mistaken. Does it affect anything; graduation or college-placement for instance? Nope.

    I haven't check mine though. Talk events are probably the sources I had for the star points. I rarely joined as committee ... because... I really hate getting tied to society. Yet, I ended getting tied to two societies lol.

  • I need to start dieting; control my portions and it helps only if I fast. I was fasting for two days which caused me to not experience any spontaneous craving. As soon as I did not - I was eating like crazy. Ugh
  • The haze is getting worse. Stay hydrated, put on a mask if needed. 

  • Having a group of friends is such a huge blessing I would never be able to properly thanks to the One up there. I used to think to have people too much around me would result in unnecessary nuisances yet friends have become my biggest support system despite pergh bila menganjing anak anak semua takleh chill ya.
  • I found out that I enjoy my minoring classes more than my majoring. I need help? Is it? I wish I could elaborate more, but nah nevermind. Me and my insecurity. Lol.
  • "Hi classmate" text could send me into ... oh-no mode. I was in my safe zone with certain expectations, the next thing I know is that my safe zone turns out to has a smaller circle and it has been slowly breached. Tsk.
---
How was your first week in college/work after a long break?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. all the best for the rest of semester yaaa. May Allah ease everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankssssss, May Allah ease everything for you too!

      Delete
  2. My first week is still a little hazy (as it is with our own weather T_T). I'm having little problem to get used to each new class and seeing new faces. But yesss, I'm in the same shoes as you when it comes to giving in to my crazy food cravings. Send help ASAP. ahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The haze is getting worst! :'( Take care!

      I know right? When I crave for something, I could not even focus in class tsk.

      Delete
  3. Welp, I'm not ready for new semester at all but may we all survive this.. hahaha.. All the best to you... ! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, me too! But the time would definitely move faster than we thought it is. May Allah ease everything for you too! :)

      Delete
  4. Hahaha I enjoyed reading this! I hope you will do all right for your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes the haze is getting worse. T___T
    Wish you all the best for your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first week: -hurting my fingers because of makeup packaging
    -having a last date with my best friend for this year before she going back to kl
    -JUMPA SEAN WIWIWIWUWUW
    -and ofcrs JUMPA AWAK LA 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KALAU MAKE UP TAKPEEEEEEE TO GET HURT LOL

      uWu perangai le jumpa sejam je hahahahah

      Delete
  7. i take a week off each month for the past three months. idk why but the off week feels like such a hectic blur that coming into work with all the mundaneness of it feel just right

    Why do you enjoy minor ones more 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do what makes you happy I guess. I used to think that skipping class is just a big no, but I somehow ended doing it once for the whole day and it just feel ... right? Lol.

      I KNOW RIGHT? I don't even know why.
      Welp, I do know but I am too embarrassed to admit heh.

      Delete