022: [Review] The Interpreters / Les Interpretes

By faten.banana - June 18, 2016


[Synopsis]
Qiao Fei is a French postgraduate, who dreams of becoming a famous interpreter. Her education in Paris puts her right in a college where she coincidentally meets a professional French Interpreter, Cheng Jia Yang, and the two start their mentorship on the wrong foot. She earns his praise when she continuously overcomes his challenges and the two gradually develop feelings towards each other. When everything seems to go smoothly, problems arise one after another. She is trying to avoid her ex-boyfriend Gao Jia Ming, who is Cheng Jia Yang's brother. He is the dream boyfriend in the hearts of all female students, but no one knows he is suffocating under the arrangements of his family. He hides his silent resistance against their wishes beneath a calm, serious mask. Both have been hurt before in love, so they are careful to jump over hurdles for their budding romance. Will their steady love beat all the odds against them? ~~ Based on the novel "Les Interprètes" written by Miao Juan.
-  MyDramaList

Country: China 
Type: Drama
Episodes: 42
Duration: 45 min.
....

Assalammualaikum.

For me, it’s always being Korean Dramas and Japanese/Pinoy/Thailand Movies. Malay Dramas, sometimes but it’s depend on how I view (literally?) it, preferably – Romcom. Simply, because the these countries movies/dramas have criterias that suit my taste, honestly. However, I have this weird addiction on Chinese Dramas after watching Love Me If You Dare and My Amazing Boyfriend.

In my own word, this drama tells the journey of Qiao Fei in becoming a French Interpreter. She is a top student and managed to get into Institute for Advanced Interpretation (IAI) for internship. While, Cheng Jia Yang – a professional French Interpreter and at the same time Qiao Fei’s mentor during internship. Well, sparks and sparks after that they somehow become close.

Cliche enough?

I know, but the thing is – the characters are quite special. Jia Yang for example. He is not that kind of person who would provide everything to make things easier. Instead he provides support and that person need to work for it. He pushed people to go over their comfort zone. That trait, in particular attract me the most? Lulz.

Qiao Fei, like I said each of the character is unique in a way. I actually opposed how Qiao Fei reacts at first. I mean who dares to question your interviewer like he is your old-known-friend? I’m not. Man, you know that we usually connect (by putting ourselves in the characters shoes yada yada kan?) with the characters. Tapi, den takboleh sebab karakter dia wa cakap lu, so not me *menangis di penjuru* Bold sangat.

But then, gradually boleh connect hiks hiks.
Or I think I did?

The cons, might be the super long episodes –  I mean, heck its 42 episodes guys! Therefore, you can expect kinda slow progression over the plot. But still, it’s worth to give a try. You can take time chewing it properly (and spaz each time Jia Yang smile) That guy, never smile until the tenth episodes, I swear. Besides, this drama have more conflicts than the usual one. I have watched until 20th episodes and heck I wanna kick Jia Yang’s brother real hard.

Taklupa juga kawan Jia Yang dan Qiao Fei, comels teramat!

Other factors that make me favours this drama might because they work in language department lulz. And I, as a language student pun ter-effect sekali. Haha.

When all is going well for me, when everybody is telling me that I’m great. I tell myself, “You are not as good as they say you are.”

When everybody says I’m terrible, I tell myself, “You are not as bad as they say you are.”

Humans are individual beings. Our egos are very important. For a lot of problems, other people can’t help you. You can only help yourself. All problems are problems with ourselves. That’s why you must give yourself confidence. You must cheer yourself on.
Les Interpretes, Episode 21

You can watch/download it on KissAsian!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments